Tuesday 31 July 2012

Birding in a rush!

Over at the park this afternoon I noticed all the Black-headed Gulls that make Valentines Park their home for the winter were already here.  In the middle of the lake were some old rowing boats which the gulls love  to sit on.  As my brother who shows no interest in birds was with me, I didn't have much time to look at the gulls for anything interesting in their midst.  So I quickly got the scope on the boat and noticed a Common Gull, which I don't think I've seen here before!  The picture below is digiscoped using a home made adapter, the camera is a Canon IXUS 120IS.

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot Gideon!

    It's always nice to take a shot of a bird then to look at it later and find that there is somthing else in the picture.

    Nice blog fella!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...