Friday 6 July 2012

Stansted takes off!

After dropping my Aunt and Uncle at Stansted Airport, my father and I  then headed to Aubrey Buxton nature reserve which is a few miles North of the airport.
We walked along a path and into a field where there were at least half a dozen Rabbits. We then came to a clearing with trees all around. There was large conifer tree with a pair of Goldcrests.
We then came to three consecutive lakes, one higher than the other. On the lakes were Moorhen, a female Mallard with two Ducklings.  I kept hearing a "Piew" followed by the characteristic "Durrharr" of all Tits. I Then found the source of the noise, a small flock of Marsh Tits! This is the first time I have ever seen one. On the drive back home I saw a Yellowhammer! Another first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...